April 17, 2019
NRG Oncology SDMC Awarded NCI Funding for Next 6 Years with ‘Outstanding’ Score
The NRG Oncology Statistics and Data Management Center (SDMC) was notified that the center will be awarded six more years of funding from the National Cancer Institute (NCI) and will continue to serve the NCI National Clinical Trials Network (NCTN) group NRG Oncology. The total amount of funding requested for the six year effort was $68.9 million. During the peer review grant renewal process, the NRG Oncology SDMC was ranked within the “Outstanding” range with a score of 18. Read more
April 16, 2019
NRG Oncology Awarded NCI Funding for Next 6 Years, Receives "Exceptional" Score
NRG Oncology, a National Cancer Institute (NCI) National Clinical Trials Network (NCTN) group conducting practice-changing clinical and translational research, has been awarded funding of $16.5 Million by the NCI for the next six years to continue its work as a lead protocol organization (LPO) program. During the peer review grant renewal process, NRG Oncology received the “exceptional” score of 16. Read more
March 5, 2019
Project Team Member Application – BAY 1895344
Applicants, please submit the form to the NRG protocol development office by COB Tuesday, March 19, 2019. NRG Oncology will submit the application to CTEP by the deadline of March 26, 2019.
February 21, 2019
NRG Oncology NCORP Pilot Projects
NRG Oncology NCORP is soliciting PILOT projects for applications focused on NRG NCORP Cancer Prevention and Control (CPC) priorities that will provide data that will directly lead to future Phase II-III CPC concepts. As put forward in our core grant, CPC priorities for funding include cancer prevention research and cancer control investigation aimed at understanding and/or ameliorating the symptoms and toxicity related to:
- Neurocognitive function
- Gender specific symptom reduction
- Behavioral interventions
- Treatment dose alterations or delivery
- Cancer risk reduction
- Chemotherapy induced peripheral neuropathy
For full details read more
NRG Oncology NCORP solicits PILOT projects addressing NRG NCORP Cancer Care Delivery Research (CCDR) priorities. CCDR funding priorities are:
- Implementation and dissemination interventions related to guideline based care:
- Use of tumor DNA sequencing prior to prescribing targeted therapies(<1/4 of CCDR practices report routine use);
- Integrating patient-reported outcomes into clinical practice (extends survival);
- Enhance access to proven survivorship and palliative care strategies optimizing survivor and family quality of life;
- Optimize screening strategies based on disease risk including patients in the post-treatment surveillance phase of care; and
- Implement evidence-based symptom management strategies addressing patients’ needs during both active adjuvant and palliative treatment.
Patient-reported outcomes (PROs) related to symptom management: The CCDR committee will prioritize proposals including the PRO-CTCAE in NRG NCORP trials, and improve compliance and data capture. The CCDR committee also encourages studies employing technology or apps to standardized PRO variables across EHR, registry, and claims data systems.
For full details read more
NRG Oncology Strategic Planning Debrief
NRG Oncology makes plans for its continued success as leaders and stakeholders across the organization gathered December 14-15, 2018 to explore potential focus areas and goals for the organization.
Open the Special Report broadcast
Martin Luther King Jr Holiday Closures
MLK Day closures for NRG Oncology offices and banks. Read more