Chair: Ying Xiao, PhD
Co-Chair: Stanley Benedict, PhD
Administrative: Elizabeth O’Meara and Theresa A. Powell
The NRG Medical Physics Subcommittee supports the NRG and NCTN activities by providing physics expertise in developing protocols, establishing QA processes, updating the status of advanced technologies, and developing safe implementation guidelines.
Specific Activities and Goals
- Contribute to specific disease site committees activities.
- Interface with NRG subgroups, core QA centers, and the NCI.
- Provide physics expertise for protocols
- Develop physics and dosimetry templates for protocols
- Specify technology implementation and QA procedure
- Interface with AAPM task groups for new technology implementation guidelines
- Review medical physics and dosimetry of new protocols
- Review physics related manuscripts for NRG publication committee
- Interact with vendors to provide clinical trial information and guidance.
- Develop educational program to support clinical medical physicists for protocol credentialing
Duties and Responsibilities of the Committee Chair
Medical Physics Committee Member Job Description
SAVE THE DATE – F2F MEETING
NRG Oncology Medical Physics Subcommittee Meeting
Fri, July 19, 2019 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM Registration will be waived if completed by June 25th online!
Next Semiannual Meeting July 19, 2019